Monday, April 25, 2011

St. George

We got to go down to St. George at the end of March for a pharmacy convention. Jeff and Landon went with me and we had a couple of friends caravan along too. What a weekend! Landon did so well on the way down. He started playing peek-a-boo with his blanket. This is one of my favorite pics of Landon ever!










While I spent 10 hours in classes on Friday, Jeff and our friends did some hiking in Zions. Here are a couple of shots from the hidden canyon hike. I'm so glad I wasn't there! They said it was a bit scary, and you had to scoot on your rear end at some parts. NOT cool! My sister , Jenny was nice enough to watch Landon while they played (and got sick from not eating!)


Pretty waterfall





Our car ride home was looooooong! We took a "detour" to Bryce Canyon so Landon was in the car from 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. He was NOT a happy camper! We did ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we could think of to keep him entertained. Licorice worked for awhile.






This is the snow piled high at the top of Bryce Canyon. It was mighty cold, but nice to see. This ppic is from a phone camera so the quality ins't that great, but Landon has a pice of a pine tree in his hand, and he used it to sweep the sidwalk. Anything to keep him entertained!


And now for a brief intermisson..............................................................


This has nothing to do with St. George, but these critters like our house too much. We live near fields so they are expected, but Jeff wanted Landon to get aquainted with them too. Landon is very intrigued by bugs now. Thanks Jeff ***enter sarcasm here****





Now, back to Bryce Canyon. Here we are at one of the lookouts. It was cold, as you can tell, and Landon was more interested in the puddles of water than in our photo shoot, but oh, well. We finally got to see Bryce Canyon.


I like this one too. It was cold and bright, but at least it worked. I love my little man.


This is on our way home. He read to himself for about 10-15 minutes, but then I had to lay my seat back, read, and show him the pictures the rest of the way. Boy, was I glad to get home!





1 comments:

Alan and Mindee said...

Landon is such a cutie! Looks like a fun weekend!