Sunday, September 27, 2009

Shower and 35!

I had my first baby shower on Saturday. As you can tell it turned out really cute! Our nursery has the Dr. Seuss theme so my mother-in-law threw me a Dr. Seuss shower. I had no idea so I was really surprised. We had ham and green deviled eggs, pink and green cupcakes. Zucchini soup and Jones soda! She had Dr. Seuss books and stuffed animal characters around the basement as decorations. Thanks Diane for the wonderful shower. I know it was a lot of work for you all by yourself! I really appreciate it!

This is the diaper cake that she had made. Isn't Horton cute on top? It's full of fun toys and baby items. I can't bring myself to take it apart yet because it's so cute! It's still sitting on my kitchen table. I smile when I look at it.



Such a creative idea for the cupcakes. They were key lime cupcakes and Pink lemonade cupcakes.


Pardon the retarded look on my face. I guess I blinked when the picture was taken. I knew the moment I saw this outfit that Jeff would love it. I wa right! Oh, I was TOLD to wear the hat because I was Dr. Seuss. We had family pictures afterward, but it didn't mess up my hair too much! :)




Again I appologize for not looking at the camera. We got this cute present from Nana and Poppy. It was a swing/bouncer duo. Plus, the book had a note from them in the front cover. I read the book to him yesterday when I got home from church. It's called "Are you my mother?" He liked it, I'm sure. It's the first book I've ever read to him.
Family pictures went well. I hope I don't look too much like a baluga whale in the family pictures. Everyone seemed to cooperate for the most part (Nick was a bit of a whiner, but what's new?!) :) The photographer was pretty funny so that helped with getting the boys to smile.
We had some friends come over that night and we ate and played the wii until 11:00 p.m. I was exhausted by that point, but I had a great day. Thanks to everyone for a great shower and day!





4 comments:

The Alger's said...

That sounds just like Diane! You have a great mother in law! Your little guy is going to be here before you know it. Looks like you got a lot of good things that will come in handy.:)

Alan and Mindee said...

What a cute idea for a baby shower! I am so excited for the both of you.

rachwheel said...

How exciting! So glad you had a great time :D

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there...I heard it was a blast! Good luck as you prepare for baby Landon!