Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In loving memory!

The greatest Grandpa in the world died July, 18, 2009. It made for a crazy week. The viewing was last Wednesday, we did the final walkthrough on the house that night, they wanted to close on the house on Thursday morning, but we had a funeral. We had a wonderful funeral and luncheon on Thurday morning, and then left immediately after the luncheon and signed 150 pages to finalize our house. Later that night, we put blinds up in the new house, and didn't get to bed until 12:30 a.m. We were at the parade bright and early, and then did a 1 hour emptying of our apartment. It was wild and quick. It took 15 people, 3 pick-up trucks and 3 hours to get completely into the new place and mostly unpacked! Whew! My mom and Jeff attacked the kitchen boxes and got most of them unloaded. My wonderful in-laws were up in the bedroom unpacking, hanging clothes, arranging our room and making the bed. I'm very grateful for everyone's help. We treated them all to pizza. My brother, Aaron was here for the funeral, so he and Jared did a lot of the heavy lifting. Thanks, guys! You're the greatest. My grandpa sure has a way of bringing people together, don't ya think. I miss him terribly. He is the nicest and funniest man I know. I'm glad he and my grandma are together again. They've spent 10 years apart, and I wish I could have been there for their reunion. I can't wait to see them again. I'm so blessed to call them my grandparents. I love that I have the knowledge of the gospel so we can be with them again. I love you, Grandma and Grandpa! Say hello to my children while you're up there, o.k?

0 comments: