Thursday, January 8, 2009

Was I ever like that?

As I serve in the Young Women's in my ward, I often think back to when I was 12 and 13. I don't EVER remember acting silly and girly like they do. I love the enthusiasm my girls show. Sometimes it gets too loud and chaotic, but I love 'em anyway! Maybe I had teenage blinders on, I don't know, but surely I wasn't giddy, right? I remember being a tomboy-ish, quiet, shy, and an awkwardly tall teenager with not many friends. That's what I remember about being 12 and 13. When my YW leader said to me "Boy, I'm so glad you came out of your shell." I didn't know what she was talking about. I was the same as always. I am so grateful that those awkward years are behind me, and you couldn't pay me to go back. What do you think? Do you remember me acting like that? I don't!

2 comments:

Dan & Ashley said...

I don't think you were as silly and girly as the rest of us. I think you were on the mellow end of the teenage girl spectrum.

rachwheel said...

Sarah, I completely relate with everything you said. You, like me, were quiet and tom-boyish...maybe that's why we got along so well. Neither of us were giddy types. I find myself relating much better to the mis-fits (only a few out of the thirteen).
I too love my Beehives, and find it fascinating how most of them seem so confident, giddy, and out-spoken. There are very few who are quiet and pay attention to the lesson when it's being given, and I do much better one on one so I'm glad I'm just a counselor and not the teacher. We need to talk more...I'm sure we're experiencing similar things:)
Love ya,
Rachael